Adam’s Drumkit Revitalization

Day 1 – Arnold and I sanded down the shells and applied the first coat of finish. I also polished as much of the chrome as I could.
IMG_1619

Day 2 – 2nd coat…
IMG_1622

Day 3 – 3rd coat…
IMG_1624

IMG_1625

IMG_1626

IMG_1627

IMG_1628

Day 4 – 4th coat…

Day 5 – 5th coat…
IMG_1632

IMG_1633

Days 6 & 7 – Final coat hardening…

End result! (I pulled out the tom mount for the pics, as my rack still needs to be polished…)
IMG_1639

IMG_1640

IMG_1641

IMG_1642

IMG_1643

IMG_1644

IMG_1645

IMG_1646

IMG_1647

(Note to self, an iPhone 5′s built-in microphone isn’t very capable of recording drums…)

Also noteworthy, I did *not* intend to tune the toms to any certain notes or intervals. It just so happens that this was the end result when tuning each drum individually in hopes of making each one sing as much as possible.

Aside from polishing the rack, all that’s left to do is polish the hardware for the 1960′s Slingerland Single-Ply Mahogany Field Snare Drum, source out a replacement strainer, and see if there’s a manufacturer offering wooden hoops with lug cut-outs in the appropriate pattern.

Got the rack polished and everything up to the practice space:

IMG_1660 IMG_1659

Polished and remounted the snare’s hardware:

IMG_1670

Still need to source some wood hoops and a strainer…

 

 

Monday, November 11th, 2013 General No Comments

Bree & Nicole (2013)

Original:

HD Remix:

Saturday, July 20th, 2013 Brianna No Comments

Search

 

Categories